At MotelChurch, we plant churches in weekly motels serving the transitional homeless and working poor. Packed in each tiny motel room, you’ll find individuals and families who desperately need to experience Christ’s love, and they desperately need you.
Each MotelChurch location is just like any other church with music, a message, baptisms and even baby dedications. We believe that a church is not a building, it’s people coming together.
Our mission is to work as God’s servants by helping the homeless and working poor living in and around weekly motels come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We work to help MotelChurch guests grow in Christ and carry on the great commission and the great commandment as both the Body of Christ and as individual believers. And we assist them to become responsible members of the Body of Christ in their local area.
Our vision is to be used by God to plant churches in weekly motels, where the body of Christ can meet, grow, serve and reach others for Christ as acts of worship.
Additionally, we seek to preserve the dignity of each person by helping them to develop as leaders of their church and to assume responsibility for its operation and the spiritual growth and health of its members.
Our goal is to lead each fledgling MotelChurch through three phases of growth and maturity ultimately handing over the “keys” when there is a vibrant, responsible leadership team in the motel capable of guiding the church onward. At each phase of development, we challenge and lead the church to reach the next.
We believe in the transformational development model in that we wish to help people become self-sustaining and able to do things for themselves, rather than dependent on us.
We do not want to create scenarios where MotelChurch guests become dependent on us instead of God or where they are unable to care for themselves without our help.
At every turn, we’re asking, how can we build people up not just give them a handout.
- We care more about a person’s relationship to Jesus than their denominational loyalties.
- We care more about a person growing to be like Christ than their membership in any church.
- We care more about disciples being made than who gets credit for doing it.
- We care more about the Gospel being shared than the methodology of sharing it.
- We care more about expanding the Kingdom than church structure.
- We care more about obedience to Christ than the approval of others.
- We care more about God’s glory than man’s recognition.
Where to learn more about MotelChurch
- MC Help Center – Get answers to all your questions here
- MC on Facebook – Check out a nearly unlimited supply of photos to get an idea of what MotelChurch is like
- MC Blog – Stories and news from around the motels
- Donate to MotelChurch – We have a variety of ways you can support those in need
- Volunteer at MotelChurch – We have plenty of opportunities to share your time and talents
- MC Learning Center – Webinars and training courses that help you be more effective when you serve
- Special Events – Check out all our exciting special events (past and upcoming) on the events page
- Contact MotelChurch – Need to get in touch with us? No problem, just head to our contact page